From the crisp fall weather to the delicate string lights that made the formal gardens sparkle, 2015’s A Magical Night at Overton Park was more beautiful than ever. The clear-topped tents let in the moonlight, and bold autumn-inspired linens surrounded custom wood furniture to create a festive atmosphere for 400 park lovers.
As always, this party had an important purpose: raising needed funds for park operations. Guests contributed to the park through their ticket purchases, silent auction bids, and donations at the Overton Park Conservancy fundraising tree (built by Memphis College of Art students). The dollars raised in one magical evening will help sustain the park in the coming months, as we continue our work to maintain and improve our community’s treasured gathering space.
(Not on Facebook? View on Flickr instead.)
We owe many people many thanks for helping create an unforgettable night. Here’s just a short list of the people who made it all possible:
- Our sponsors: BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Echo Systems, Mahaffey Tent & Event Rental, Woodland Tree Service, A2H, Breakaway Running, The Commercial Appeal, Dr. James & Laura Eason, Hollywood Feed, Hyde Family Foundations, inbalance FITNESS, Independent Bank, Lexus of Memphis, Redeemer Presbyterian Church, Regional One Health, Special Event Service & Rental, SunTrust Bank, Wagner General Contractors, West Cancer Center, and West Tennessee Crown Distributing Company
- All the vendors who made the event sparkle: Splash Creative for their gorgeous design of our poster and invitations, Woodland Tree Service for the use of their custom furniture, Rachel’s Flower Shop for the centerpieces,the Marcella Simien Trio for their beautiful tunes, Paradox Catering for an amazing spread, Pro-Tech Security, Southern Valet, Safety Quip, Moonshine Lighting, Profound Sound, and Charles & Praxediz Brittenum
- Our host committee: Belinda & Calvin Anderson, Julie & Bryce Ashby, Nicole & Ekundayo Bandele, Bena & George Cates, Congressman Steve Cohen, Jan & Ron Coleman, Elizabeth Crosby & Eric Barnes, Kate Duignan & Chris Peck, Sally & Danny Graflund, Claudia & Bill Haltom, Adam Hohenberg, Mary-Ellen Kelly, Deidre & Dr. Pat Malone, Katie & Thomas Midgley, Glenda & Gary Shorb, Molly & Jason Wexler, Monica & Andre Wharton, Melanie & Dr. Frank White, Juliet Wischmeyer, Denise Wood, and Mindy Wurzburg & Blair Parker
- Our silent auction donors: the Memphis Grizzlies, AutoZone, Hattiloo Theatre, Memphis in May, Bluff City Balloons, Woodland Tree Products, RVC Outdoors, Martha Kelly, Peter Ceren, Bridgman Pottery, The Parkview, Breakaway Running, Huey’s Restaurants, and our partners at the Memphis Zoo, Levitt Shell, Memphis College of Art, Memphis Brooks Museum of Art, and The Links at Overton Park
- Belinda Anderson, Overton Park Conservancy’s committee chair for events and volunteers, whose vision always comes together in a stunning event
- The volunteers who strung lights, lit candles, arranged flowers, greeted our guests, and so much more
- All the wonderful park supporters who came out, brought their friends, and celebrated the great things happening in Overton Park