The weather was chilly, but the 450 guests who attended the third annual A Magical Night at Overton Park were filled with nothing but warm feelings. As they wined and dined and listened to great music, our park supporters celebrated the park’s progress and talked about exciting new projects yet to come. Our theme this year was bicycling, highlighted by this gorgeous pennyfarthing loaned to us by (who else?) Bike Gate creator Tylur French.
As the Conservancy’s largest fundraising event, A Magical Night is a critical piece to making our work in the park possible. Our sponsors and supporters don’t take for granted that it costs a lot of money to keep the grass cut, plant and water the gardens, remove the trash, clean the restrooms, and so much more. That’s why we’re so grateful for the opportunity to thank them in person for their commitment to the park.
Many, many hands contributed to creating an unforgettable evening. We’d like to extend our gratitude to everyone who pitched in for the park?
- Our sponsors: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee, Classic Party Rentals, Diversified Trust, Echo Systems, First Tennessee Foundation, Hyde Family Foundations, inbalance FITNESS, Independent Bank, Lipscomb & Pitts, Memphis Zoo, Methodist Healthcare, Regional One Health, Smart City Consulting, SunTrust Bank, Waddell & Associates, and The West Clinic
- The vendors who helped bring the event to life: Classic Party Rentals, Propcellar, Lynn Doyle Flowers, Special Events Rental Services, A Moveable Feast, Protech Security, Southern Valet, Safety Quip, Moonshine Lighting, Profound Sound, Buster’s Liquors, Echo Systems, Charles and Praxediz Brittenum, David Maddox Creative
- Our wonderful entertainers, Jamille JAM Hunter & Mood Swing, and Jay Thomas & the Swinging Monkeys
- Our host committee: Belinda & Calvin Anderson, Julie & Bryce Ashby, Kate Duignan & Chris Peck, Stacey Greenberg & Warren Oster, Dorothy & Robert Pugh, Monica & Andre Wharton, and Melanie & Dr. Frank White, who got the word out about the event and introduced us to many new friends
- Our committee chair for the event, Belinda Anderson, who once again gave so much of her time, energy, and creativity
- Our dedicated volunteers, who hung bikes in the tents, set up the tables and centerpieces, and made our guests feel welcomed
- All the wonderful park supporters who came out, brought their friends, and celebrated all the great things happening in Overton Park
We’re already planning for next year’s event, which may move up a few weeks to appease Mother Nature and/or the polar vortex! We hope to welcome even more of you next fall.