Opened in June 2012, Overton Bark is a dog park for Midtown Memphis and the surrounding area. This 1.3-acre enclosed dog park borders the Old Forest and the Rainbow Lake Playground. The area includes water fountains, clean-up stations, and separate areas for large and small dogs. Rustic log benches provide a natural seating area for people to relax while their dogs socialize. Overton Bark is open from dawn to dusk each day.
Overton Bark is sponsored by Hollywood Feed, and admission is free.
Find Overton Bark on Facebook to see what’s happening at the park and chat with other fans!
Dog Park Rules
- Do not leave your dog unattended at any time.
- All use of the dog park is at your own risk.
- Dogs should be on a leash when visiting Overton Park unless inside the dog park (City of Memphis code, section 8-16-6, B).
- You are always responsible for your dog; keep them in sight at all times.
- Do not bring food or treats for humans or for dogs into the park.
- All dogs must be licensed and properly vaccinated. The use of heartworm and tick prevention products is highly recommended (Section 8-16-2, A).
- Neither female dogs in heat nor puppies under the age of 4 months should come into the park.
- When entering Overton Bark, the first gate should be latched behind you before you unleash your dog in the holding area.
- Unless using a service dog, you must immediately remove and humanely dispose of dog feces. Please use our free dog waste bags! (Section 8-16-9, A)
- Unless in extreme circumstances, do not reprimand another person’s dog.
- Smoking is prohibited throughout the park.