Overton Park Conservancy is currently seeking an outgoing, energetic, customer-service-oriented person to support our facility rental program, our summer Day of Merrymaking family festival, and other events and activities that enhance the Overton Park visitor experience.
Visitor Services Coordinator – Programs
Overton Park Conservancy seeks a Visitor Services Coordinator to support the Conservancy’s mission and goals by providing extensive customer service to park visitors and supporters. Working under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Visitor Services Coordinator will promote programs and support needs of park visitors wishing to host or participate in events and activities in Overton Park.
This position is part-time with flexible hours, with the possibility of expanding to full-time hours.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as ambassador to Overton Park to promote community programs, rentals, and events.
- Coordinate the permit process for special events and facility rentals, from responding to calendar and rate inquiries to accepting final payment and closing out files.
- Conduct proactive outreach to park visitors, neighbors, local businesses and organizations to educate them about the park’s amenities and programs.
- Support the Conservancy’s signature fundraising event, A Day of Merrymaking, by coordinating communications with vendors, volunteers, committee members and staff.
- Support the Conservancy’s volunteer program by coordinating communications with prospective and existing volunteers, and staff.
- Support the Conservancy’s membership program by coordinating membership fulfillment and proactively communicating with members.
- Assist with outreach, planning, set-up, execution, tear-down and close-out of a variety of volunteer and fundraising activities hosted by the Conservancy.
- Research and recommend policy changes designed to improve the visitor experience, increase efficiency and/or reduce costs associated with the Conservancy’s programs.
- Support the Conservancy’s administrative functions by answering phones, scheduling meetings, managing the purchase of office supplies, and other light clerical duties.
- Use common sense and the resources provided to quickly respond to a variety of situations.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with a range of partners, area businesses, residents, event rentals, visitors, and supporters.
- General office work including email, activity reports, attendance, office projects and other daily tasks.
- Attend all mandatory staff meetings and required trainings.
- Follow all Overton Park Conservancy rules, policies, & procedures.
- Maintain excellent communication with all staff & customers through verbal & written means.
- Maintain professional manner and appearance.
- Experience working with diverse groups of people.
- Experience providing excellent customer service to a wide range of general public.
- Available to work a variety of hours, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Experience working as part of a team and being proactive in actions and attitude.
- Experience engaging, educating, and discussing policies and procedures with members of the public.
- Experience in Microsoft Office.
- Be at least 18 years old.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to be outgoing, positive, friendly, assertive, independent, and self-directed.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing information and situations by using critical thinking skills and leadership skills.
- Ability to multitask while being observant of the big picture.
- Ability to execute complex tasks in a precise, accurate & timely manner.
- Basic conflict resolution capabilities.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor & composure in difficult situations and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to exercise good judgement, problem solving skills, and reason.
- Ability to manage time effectively & prioritize work assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and supervision.
- Ability to set-up and take-down program equipment including tables, chairs, sound systems, stanchions, game equipment, etc. up to 25 pounds.
Work is performed both in an office environment and outdoors in the park. This requires walking, standing, and carrying materials weighing up to 25 pounds. Position often is performed with minimal on-site supervision.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume and references:
Tina Sullivan, Executive Director
Overton Park Conservancy
1914 Poplar Avenue, Suite 202
Memphis, TN 38104
No phone calls please.