Then you should join Team Overton Park!
TOP is a new program for park enthusiasts to be the “eyes and ears” of Overton Park Conservancy while they’re enjoying the park. If you already frequent the park, you can easily incorporate TOP into your regular visits, by observing activity in the park while exercising, walking your dog, or simply enjoying the weather. Here’s all you have to do:
1. Come to the park (wearing the super-swank Team Overton Park t-shirt we’ve got for you).
2. Observe your surroundings and see if there are any issues that need to be addressed.
3. Be willing to answer questions posed by fellow park users.
4. (If you see some litter and happen to pick it up, we won’t stop you!)
5. Tell us about your visit via a handy web form.
What does Team Overton Park do?
The goal of the TOP program is to create awareness of activities in Overton Park, encourage visitors to use the park responsibly, develop a sense of ownership in the park, and create an opportunity for various organizations to come together for the good of the park. The program’s success will depend on recruiting and organizing as many active neighbors and park users as possible, discussing community concerns, and developing an action plan that makes the program easy to incorporate into everyday life.
We’re having an informational meeting about Team Overton Park on Saturday, January 26 at 10:00 a.m. If you think it might be a good fit for you, we’d love for you to come!
Learn more about the program and RSVP for the orientation at overtonpark.org/top.